The “Open Power” model: vision, mission, values and behaviors was broken down during 2016 into various operational aspects in order to increase the involvement and participation of the people who work in Enel. This model is a reference point for all the processes for managing and developing people.
- Adopts and promotes safe conduct and acts proactively to improve the conditions of health, safety and wellbeing
- Takes decisions in their daily work and accepts responsibility for them
- Achieves results by aiming for excellence
- Proposes new solutions and does not give in when faced by obstacles or failure
- Quickly changes their priorities if the context changes
- Shares information and is collaborative and open to the contribution of others
- Recognizes the merits of colleagues and gives them feedback which improves their contribution
- In their work is careful to guarantee the satisfaction of customers and/or colleagues, acting effectively and quickly
- Is engaged in integrating everyone, recognizing and valorizing individual differences (culture, gender, age, disability, personality, etc.)
- Maintains the commitments they have taken on, taking forward activities with determination and passion
In 2016 a training program on “storytelling” was launched aimed at top management, to enhance their ability to recount the new strategy. It is a 7-part program, which involved all the top managers of the various Group countries, so that they become the first ambassadors for the new Open Power culture.
In addition, an internal network was created of trained professional coaches with a view to establishing a skill center to support people in order to facilitate the organizational and cultural transformation (Internal Coaches Network).
|Performance appraisal for employees who have been working in the company for at least 3 months||100% of people* involved in 2020|
99% of people* assessed in 2020
94% of people* interviewed (for feedback)
|Climate survey||100% involvement of people* in 2020|
84% participation of people* in 2020
|Implementation of diversity and inclusion policy||The selection process must guarantee a|
fair gender representation in the pool of
candidates (50% by 2020)
Appointment of focal points for disability
in the main countries by 2017
Assignment of tutors to 100% of expats
as part of mobility projects for the
youngest staff by 2020
|Training – Scholarships program for employees in cooperation with strategic partners, universities and research centers||480 study grants in the 2017-2020 period|
|Promotion of a “safe travel” culture (Extension to all countries of the Group of the model used in Italy, creation of a dashboard)||100% of countries where present by 2020|
* Eligible and reachable: those who are part of the workforce and have been working for at least 3 months in the year of assessment and those who can access the online or printed questionnaire.